Thursday, November 27, 2008

The publication of the BNP list is wrong, immoral and ill liberal

It’s no secret that I find the views of the British National Party (BNP), unacceptable, racist and immoral. Not for nothing did I end up being put on a far right hit list called Redwatch and warned I would end up with a bullet in my head if I did not stop my academic research on the BNP. That said, I have been asked by a number of people what I think about the publication of the BNP membership list on the Internet?
My views are very simple: I find it unacceptable that people should be harassed and persecuted simply for belonging to a party, no matter how distasteful that party is. In a democracy people have a right to belong to which ever party they like, without having their personal details put on the internet. To do so is to persecute somebody for their political beliefs. I’m a Liberal – I’m against that sort of thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well speaking as a BNP member I just wish to say that I find Redwatch to be obscene. I think it does nothing but pull nationalism down to the level of the marxist left and I am glad the party has nothing to do with it.

We are not the monsters the press makes us out to be [well at least not most of us!].

I disagree with your views Mr Ali. But I can respect your intelligence and hope that more people begin to think as you do, perhaps then we can have an open and honest debate about immigration in this country.

Cheers!