Friday, August 20, 2010

Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs staff found guilty of racial abuse. See here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11011034 I'm delighted action has been taken. However, racism is endemic within HMRC and the internal HMRC documents, e-mails and reports on here prove it. An investigation in to these matters must be conducted by the Police and Crown Prosecution Service without any further delay.

Three points to note about what happened at HMRC in Belfast though.

1) When HMRC upheld Tony Smith's complaint that I was an extremist for heckling the BNP - that complaint was upheld by Tina Gallagher - Director of HMRC in Belfast.... the very same place were HMRC staff have been found guilty of race discrimination. (If the Director of Revenue and Customs thinks you are an extremist for heckling the BNP at a peaceful protest, then clearly it does not bode well for race relations at HMRC in Belfast). The BNP are after all, a Neo Nazi Party who have advocated the to removal all non whites and Jews from Britain.

2) Dave Hartnett, permanent secretary for tax at HMRC, said "the department operates a zero-tolerance policy on racial discrimination". I'm delighted to hear it, as when HMRC sacked me it was after I had been accused of breaching my contract for raising concerns of inappropriate behaviour under the Public Information Disclosure Act 1998 to the said Dave Hartnett.

3) If the department operates a zero-tolerance policy on racial discrimination as Hartnett claims, then why has HMRC not action been taken against staff and managers who racially harassed me? For example,

         (A) Why has Nick Ivell, Tim Fisher, Tony Smith not been dismissed for falsely accusing me of expressing support for 'sucide bombers'?
        
        (B) Why has Joanne Lewis, Scott Turner and Anthony Stansfield not been dismissed for falsely accusing me of sexual harassment, as Neo Nazis had been doing prior to this, because of my academic studies on the BNP.

        (C) Why has nobody in HMRC been dismissed for misusing public money to charge me with being an extremist for heckling the BNP at a peaceful protest in Burnley?

No comments: